Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving (which is a long time ago now, holy crap; don't procrastinate, kids) was particularly awesome because my family came out to visit!

I love my sister and she loves me.
Aaaaand my parents!
It's very strange to be celebrating such an unabashedly American holiday as Thanksgiving in India. So the Alliance threw us a Thanksgiving dinner- or, at least, as close to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner as you can find in India.
But there was turkey!

Then I went to Mumbai with my family for the day after Thanksgiving, as it was the last time I'd see them before heading home.

It so happened that that was the anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai bombings, so there was a memorial service by the Gateway to India.

And there you have it! Thanksgiving with the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment